Introduction To Car Wax
Unless your car is primarily used for industrial and heavy duty purposes, you’ll highly benefit from giving it a thorough application of high quality car wax on its paint. Firstly, automobiles, just like anything else, have a certain lifespan. However, certain things tend to expire before others, and vehicles paint can be one of those things. This is because it gets washed off by some of the modern best car wash soaps and detergents. Also, paint is exposed to dust, airborne contaminants, salt, debris, and ultraviolet light from the sun, all of which eat away your car painted finish. Over time, it even becomes oxidized and lacks the sparkling finish that attracted you when you were buying your brand new car. This doesn’t mean that you need to take your car to your local service station now and then to be repainted as you can do that on your own with the help of good car wax.
We are aware that the market is flooded with many car waxes and it might be hard to choose the best one as all of them look similar. But with this guide, you’ll be able to choose the best car wax that suits your car.
What Is Car Wax Made Of?
Car wax is either made from carnauba wax or synthetic material. Well, you might ask; which is the best option between carnauba wax and synthetic material? Well, the benefit of carnauba wax is that its natural- meaning that it’s non-toxic and eco-friendly. Therefore, if you are an environmentally conscious person, then this is likely your better choice. One drawback of car wax made from carnauba is that it’s harder to apply by hand than synthetic wax.
On the other hand, synthetic car wax tends to last longer than carnauba car wax meaning that it’ll last longer before being re-applied. It’s also easier to apply and has a sparkling finish.
If you are a perfectionist, you can use both waxes to enjoy the benefits of both; best shine from synthetic wax and best protection from carnauba wax.
Why Should You Use Car Wax?
There are various reasons you’d like to us car wax on your vehicle;
– It provides protection to your car paint
– It extends the life of the paint job
– It gives your car an excellent, beautiful finish
– It also provides a superb sealant to your car, keeping of harsh weather elements to help extend the beauty and life of your vehicle’s interior.
Now That You’re Aware Of Several Things About Car Waxing Let’s Now Help You Choose The Best Car Wax On The Market At The Moment.
# 1 Liquid Glass Polish LG-100 Ultimate Auto Polish/Finish – 16 oz Review
This is one of the highest rated car waxes in 2017 and will give you a mirror like shine that will blow your mind. It isn’t wax, but a sealant; though it has similar features to wax- that’s why it’s considered as one.
Firstly, it’s very simple to apply and remove and will leave a glossy finish if you apply it well and deep; your car will glow like the time you first saw it. Unlike most wax, this sealant does not crack or become yellowish when it starts wearing out. An interesting thing about this sealant is that you can apply it in full sun and still get amazing results. In fact, it bonds quickly when applied in full sun.
The Liquid Glass Polish has garnered an incredible rating of 4.8 Stars and over 200 reviews. Indeed, this a quality sealant that guarantee satisfactory results
One more amazing fact about Liquid Glass Polish is that it can last for several months on your vehicles. However, if you apply more often, the results will keep getting better. Get it today and see the results.
Pros of using Liquid Glass Polish
– It is lowly priced as compared to most car waxes on the market.
– It leaves a glossy finish on your car that can last for months
– It doesn’t develop cracks or stains
– Bonds quickly when applied in full sun
– Can last up to 12 months but of course applying it more often will be better
# 2 Optimum (SW2008P) Car Wax – 17 oz Review
Optimum car wax is a fantastic formula that offers an added gloss and unmatched slickness. Just when you were in need of a perfect for all exterior surface paint, optimum car wax happened. The wax is suitable for any surface including chrome, paint, glass and plastic trim.
It’s the only wax that has UVB and UVA absorbers to protect your paint from the UV lights from the sun. The formula has a perfect combination of carnauba wax and sealant polymers which offer unparalleled protection against the rays.
What will raise your eyebrows is that the wax is super easy to apply because you only need to spray it on your vehicle and spread it over the paint using a microfiber towel.
Amazingly, you will not have to buy vinyl for protection because you only need just 15 minutes for the wax to stick which will offer you up to 5 months service.
What’s more, you don’t have to worry about scratches on your vehicle with the optimum car wax because it has no cleaners or abrasives.
The car wax does not only take care of your vehicle but also takes care of the environment. It has does not have pollutants or harmful chemicals such as VOC’s.
The Pros of Optimum (SW2008P) Car Wax
– It easy to apply and remove
– It can last long in harsh and regular weather conditions
– It has a deep sparkling shine
– It protects you automotive parts from dirt, dust, and dime
# 3 Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax – 16 oz Review
Meguiar company is one of the world famous for manufacturing high-quality waxes. They have made a name by selling their waxes at low prices. Along with the Meguiar’s G18216 wax, you are also provided with a microfiber towel and an applicator pad to help you in applying this wax. Also, you don’t have to worry about applying this wax even in the full sun. The Polymers in the Meguiar’s G18216 enable it to produce a mirror-like shine. When rained on, the water simply beads of the car paint.
The technology used to make this wax enable it to last up to 6 months. This wax has garnered a commendable rating of 4.7 stars after more than 120 reviews.
Some of the outstanding features of Meguiar’s G18216 car wax include;
– Its synthetic polymers ensure that it gives you a mirror like shine. The cross-linking barrier created by this wax on your car paint give it an overall shine.
– It offers long-lasting protection thereby helping to extend the durability of your car. It provides protection to your car paint against water works.
– You can apply this wax in full sun without tampering with its results
The Pros of Meguiar’s G18216
– It gives your car mirror-like shine
– It’s easy to apply
– It’s offered at a low price
– It offers water beading protection
– It can protect your car paint from UV rays for six months
# 4 P21S 12700W Carnauba Wax Review
With P21S 12700W Carnauba Wax, you can be assured that your car will be left with an amazing shine that has no powdery residue. It doesn’t leave any stains on car surfaces made out of rubber or plastic.
With a commendable rating of 4.8 Stars, the P21S 12700W car wax comes in 6.2 Oz box- enough for several car waxing. It’s supposed to be the best wax for dark cars on the market and so, if you own a black or dark-colored car, then this a fantastic choice for you. It creates a great deep shine and has a glossy finish.
The Pros of P21S 12700W
– It is non-powdery and therefore doesn’t leave any white residue after you have finished buffing.
– It provides your car with a premium shine that’s empowering.
– It takes a short time to dry and last longer on your car
– It doesn’t leave white stains on car components made of plastic or rubber; this ensures flawless shine.
– It comes at a surprisingly low price compared to most of its competitors
# 5 Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax 15 oz Review
Finish Kare 1000P car wax offers long-wearing, ultra heat-resistant protection with a German inspired synthetic formula. The wax can stand a very high temperature of up to 250 degrees. The wax offers extreme slickness, extreme hardness, high gloss and intensive wear without fluctuations.
Better yet, the wax is super easy to apply with a little grabbing at the paint. Moreover, it doesn’t load on the applicator like most waxes. You just need to use a soft, clean foam applicator to spread on the surface in a circular motion. Allow it to dry for about 15 minutes before buffing with a clean microfiber towel.
The paste wax can be used on all automotive paint, metal surfaces and gel coat. What’s more, its durability is what makes it one of the best car waxes and a great choice for boats and RVs.
The Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax 15 oz provides heavy duty resistance to UV, acid rain, hard water, tree sap, bug remains as well as other contaminants. Its high melting point surpasses even the carnauba wax which is said to have the highest melting point of any natural wax.
You’ll love the slick and smooth surface on your vehicle without worrying about extreme heat on the hot sunny days.
The Pros of Finish Kare 1000P
– Easy to apply
– It creates a deep shine
– It protects your automotive parts from UV light and dime
# 6 Waterless Car Wax Kit 144 oz Review
Having garnered a rating of 4.8 stars, this amazing car wax kit comprises of a quality wax that’s free from alcohol and ammonia. It is totally eco-friendly. It is safe for use on surfaces both outside and inside of the car. This car wax has met all the standards required for a car wash wax kit.
Some of the outstanding features of Waterless car wax kit include;
– It comes with an outstanding UV protective coating making it one of the best car waxes in 2017.
– It comes in 144 Oz bottle which means that you can apply this wax many times to your vehicle before it gets exhausted.
– It is human-friendly and biodegradable; it doesn’t cause any irritation when it comes into contact with your skin.
– It also comes with a free user manual
– This product is used in military activities, and therefore you can be assured that this product is quality.
The pros of Waterless car wash wax kit
– It is a natural car wax
– It’s easy to apply
– It offers good protection from UV lights
– Safely removes spots and dust
– It provides your car with a deep shine.
Car Waxing Techniques
Car waxing is an efficient and easy way to protect your car from grime, dirt, and debris as well as keeping it looking great. There are two major methods to waxing; electric waxing and hand waxing. You should choose the method that best suits you and your car as both have benefits and drawbacks.
In this method, you use nothing more than a sponge or applicator and your hand. Many prefer hand buffing to electric buffing for various reasons. For starters, they prefer hand waxing because they are not conversant with using wax and electric buffing. Also, older cars with worn out paints need hand waxing so that you can apply more pressure on the worn out parts.
This means that hand waxing offers more control than electric buffing. The only downside with hand waxing is that it takes longer and can be tiring.
Electric buffing involves using an electric buffing tool and buffing pads. People prefer electric buffing because it takes less time. On the downside, electric buffing wears off paint, and you have to purchase the buffing tool.
Car Waxing Tips
– Wash your car thoroughly before applying wax
– Car waxing takes time and is a little bit tiring. Do it every two months.
– Apply wax under the shade or in garage; avoid applying in in the sun
The Bottom Line
If you own a car, you should always make an effort to keep it in tiptop shape. With the help of best car wax, one should be able to maintain the sparkling shine of the vehicle. This way, you’ll have a sense of pride driving down the highway and also increases the longevity of your vehicle. We hope you’ll find your car wax on our list.